Green Gazpacho Recipe
Cold cucumber soup doesn’t sound all that appetizing, does it? So call it cucumber gazpacho! This recipe, inspired by Running with Tweezers, is super easy and really hits the spot on a hot summer evening. It can also be made vegan if you leave out the yogurt. The avocado gives it a nice creamy texture. Give it a shot and let us know what you think.
P.S. that’s a grilled fig, caramelized onion, and goat cheese pizza on the side, in case you were wondering. :)
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, pit and skin discarded
- 1 yellow pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- zest and juice of one lemon
- 1/3 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Greek yogurt and/or mint leaves for garnish, optional
Combine the cucumber through mint leaves in a food processor and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
Transfer the soup to a large bowl or pitcher and refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve. Serve with a dollop of yogurt and/or garnish with mint leaves if you’d like. Enjoy!